About the Development
Blenheim Grove is a development of customisable houses in Peckham Rye, just 10 minutes from London Bridge. The project arose because local Peckham residents were looking for ways to live a sustainable life in London as a result of the lack of availability and the market rate of houses in the area.
Designed by local architects, Poulsom Middlehurst, and developed by Unboxed Homes, the homes are crafted with the Solidspace DNA inside, a distinctive split-level layout that allows each room to be spacious and naturally lit. With the double height voids, it removes the need for landings and hallways. The houses are set over 3 stories with a roof terrace, bike storage and affordable running costs.
About the Architect
Based in South London, Poulsom Middlehurst was founded by architects Amy Poulsom and Jane Middlehurst in 2011. As a practice, they value a close working relationships with clients which offers a more accessible and collaborative strategy to architecture. They believe it is essential to be clear about the design and construction process. They work creatively with both ideas and budgets in order to achieve the best value.
Press / Awards
1. Shortlisted for the “Don’t move, improve!” award in 2016 for their project at Reighton Road and was part of the public exhibition housed in the Building Centre on Store Street in London
2. Voted the unanimous winner by the audience and jury at the RIBA’s Guerilla Tactics
3. The Blenheim Grove project was published as a case study for the NLA’s Insight Study into ‘New Ideas for Housing’
4. Exhibited as part of ARENA’s Re-imagining Rurality conference at the University of Westminster
5. Grand Designs Magazine featured Reighton Road as part of their ‘Roof Extension Special Edition’
Blenheim Grove Construction Blog
If you want to follow progress on our Blenheim Grove site, please click here. We will update this blog regularly with information and pictures of what has been done.
This is a spacious 1,553 sq ft 4/5 bed features split-level interiors and outdoor space. It is one of three remaining properties in this development.
This spacious 1,651 sq ft 4/5 bed features split-level interiors and outdoor space. It is one of three remaining properties in this development.